Final Thoughts, moving root+usr

From: Tru64 User <tru64user_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 07:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,
Need some final thoughts here...running 4.0g on 4100
I have larger logical drive, configured as raid0 (2
disks, 9.1x2gb) Currently have it partioned for root,
2g and usr 15gb.
Plan:
1. Use "cd fromdir; tar cf - .|(cd todir; tar xpf -)"
to move data from current usr to new_User
2. use backup/restore(tar full bkup tapes) to move the
/ part to new_root. (tried tar on it, it was moving
data residing in mount points, eg, it was moving /usr
onto / partition)

3.Change the /etc/fstab entries to reflect new devices
to old mount points ie, instead of rz16a mount point
being /, now re0a (root_dmn#root_fs will mount to
root. Same for /usr, usr_dmn#usr_fs /usr.
4. Reboot...........then??

I saw a good summary on cloning root_fs in the
archives....from John Francini...a little bit
involved, i will try to see how it fits my environment

QUESTIONs:
1. How do i tell system to always boot from re0a,
instead of rz16a? at >>>>boot <cons_dev_name>?

2. Have I overlooked any details, taking into account
old root was on disklabel 4.2BSD, and now it is going
to advfs?
3. I would like to retain rz16 disk, to be used as a
hot spare, incase re0 goes down. Any special attention
to this?

SUPPORTING INFO:
test_at_/$ df
Filesystem 1024-blocks Used