SUMMARY:ctrl-C does not work properly(REALLY STRANGE)

From: selcuk karaca <selcuk.karaca_at_aski.gov.tr>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:18:05 +0300

Hello admins...

At last, I have explored the reason why the Ctrl-C locks the terminal..

It is because ;

set -o emacs

settings in the profile...

I have solved it with the following ;
I wondered if all shells are like this.. (because , 0.5 hour ago, I have found bash in one of the CDs)
I have started sh, there was no problem there.. then ksh without profile .. no problem again...
Now I thought that this is due to my shell environment .. I have commented some of them then..
The problem was set -o emacs...

BUT How can I use *set -o emacs* without ctrl-C problem...Any idea ..? Should I install bash ..?? :)

Thank you for all the firends for their feelings for help.. REALLY THANK YOU...

selcuk karaca
Unix Sys Adm
TURKIYE