SUMMARY: setld "not installed"

From: Skulley, William <William.Skulley_at_rfets.gov>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:56:08 -0700

Several people suggested setld -i | grep -iv 'not installed' or similar as a
better way of handling the excess information. Also, some folks said that
this would work fine (and it did appear to work on a test system without
issue), however Debra LaGattuta from Compaq sent the following:

"*Do not* remove any files from the /usr/.smdb. directory.
This directory is the software management database on your system.
Modifying or deleting files in this directory can cause potential
problems for future updates, patches, and dependency issues for
future software loads. It is recommended that you do not manually
modify the contents of this directory. If you do, and you have
subsequent software management problems, there may be no recourse
for Compaq support personnel because this database cannot be recreated."

Given that I can just filter out the information I don't need it seems
safest to just do so and not mess with the /usr/.smdb. directory.

Thanks to:
Lucien Hercaud
Dr. Thomas Blinn
Dan Harrington