Super DLT tape drive

From: Paul Crittenden <crittend_at_storm.simpson.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:54:54 -0600

We got a new Alphaserver DS20e, running Tru64-UNIX v5.1, over the summer.
IT has a tabletop SuperDLT 110/220 tape drive for backup. In the last month
or so I have placed 3 service calls on it. Each time it seemed to go out to
lunch and forget how to backup. Each time I tried to use a cleaning tape in
case that was the problem and each time the leader came off. Is there a
known issue of some kind with drive? Personally I don't think this SuperDLT
is so SUPER.

Paul Crittenden
Computer System Manager
Simpson College
email: crittend_at_simpson.edu
Phone: (515)961-1680

Cheerfulness is contagious, but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a
"carrier".