SUMMARY: Tape to Tape copy

From: Copper, Steve <scopper_at_westernpower.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:48:56 +0000

All,

Thanks to John Bury, Jerry Winegarden, Oisin McGuinness, Bryan Mills, Joe
Fletcher, Bryan Lavelle, Kai Grunau and Daniel Monjar for their replies.

Most of these people suggested I use the tcopy command which works just as
well as the dd command when there aren't block sizes to contend with. It was
suggested that i use the default block size (which I agree with) but
unfortunately I do not yet have that luxury, the backup script is maintained
by a third party (don't ask me why!!). I will attempt to talk to them to get
it changed so that we don't use block sizes.

Thanks again

Steve