[SUMMARY] libstdc++ (STL)

From: Nagy Erno <ned_at_elte.hu>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:46:24 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

Thanks to Dan Riley for the answer

My original message was:
> I like to compile a program which depend on STL library. When I try
> to compile it with compaq C++ compiler it cannot find hash_map (and
> some other) include file. Where can I get these libs from and how
> can I compile programs like this without install a gcc and
> libstdc++?

And the answer:

hash_map is not part of the standard STL--it is a non-standard
extension implemented in the HP/SGI STL (and possibly others). You
might be able to use the HP/SGI STL with cxx--you can download it from
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/ and try. You'll probably have to use
the entire HP/SGI STL--I doubt it will work if you try to use just
the hash implimentation from the HP/SGI STL with the standard cxx
STL.

Bye,
   Ned