Autosys on CFS

From: Pry Tim - tpry <Tim.Pry_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:05:29 -0600

I am trying to install CA Autosys 3.5 on a 2 node Tru64 5.1a cluster. I
would like to be able start Autosys on either node. I can get it to work on
my primary node, but every time I attempt to start event_demon on my
secondary node it blows up. Autosys returns the following errors:

Attempting (1) to Connect with Database: AUTOSYSDB:autosys
Couldn't create DBPROCESS.
  Client ERROR:
        Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist.
  OS ERROR:
        Connection refused
Unable to get encoded and plaintext passwords for AUTOSYSDB:autosys

Here are the specifics of what I am working with:
1. 2 node GS140 cluster running Tru64 5.1a.
2. I have installed CA Autosys on CFS from the primary node.
3. I am only running Autosys from one node at a time, and I use the same
startup procedure to start autosys on either node.
4. I am using the bundled Sybase database. (Which is only started on the
node where autosys is to be started).
5. Everything works well when started from the Primary node.
6. I have edited the interfaces file and the ACE.config to reflect the
hostnames of both nodes.
7. I have installed Server & Client keys for both nodes & a Time key for the
primary node (CA says this should not be a problem).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Pry
Unix Systems Admin
Acxiom Corporation