RSH ending up in a close_wait state?

From: McGuinness Todd <todd.mcguinness_at_nagra.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:06:34 +0100

Hi all,

I am back with a bit of a stifling problem for one of our dev groups here.
They do an rsh 'machine' command - the command runs, and runs for about a
month and then for some reason the machine that was rshed into ends up
crashing the process.
On the 1st machine the rsh is still active and when I run a netstat -a, I
get 2 processes in a CLOSE_WAIT state that were essentially the 2 processes
connected to and from the 2nd machine.

Anyone have any ideas how this could happen, or how to prevent the
CLOSE_WAIT from occuring, by perhaps a system parameter?

Thanks,

Todd M. McGuinness
Systems Engineer
NAGRAVISION SA