ASU can't start on a member

From: Adrian Yarrow <a.yarrow_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 20:44:48 +1000

Gang,

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this before or knows how to fix it. I have a two node ES40 cluster running v5.1a with kit 1 installed. Plus a manual patch supplied by Compaq, called: T64V51AB1-C0015200-13419-M-20020227, which stops kernal panics.

The error I am getting is as follows:

TCP/IP NetBIOS: Starting knblink ...
   controller(s) configured as 'alt1'
   kernel dynamic cache will be enabled
   lmhosts file use *not* enabled
   DNS support is enabled
   The following 1 DNS subdomains have been specified:
        cqu.edu.au
Open of knbtcp driver failed: No such file or directory
TCP/IP NetBIOS exiting

ASU is ECO KIT 3 and is configured as a single instance app. I am only experiencing this on one member, it starts fine on the other. While this means that the shares are available to users, it does mean that I can not fail the service over if I needed to.

Any advice would be wonderful !!

Many thanks,

Adrian

Adrian Yarrow