From: <labelles_at_mscd.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 10:28:34 -0600

Hello All,

Here is a summary although I never got this to work, we decided to go
with workarounds.

I posted the following inquiry on the TRU64 Unix Managers List:

> I have an issue that has me baffled. I am trying to setup SSH-key
> authentication between TRU64 V5.1B and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(RHEL4
> update6). I want the TRU64 box the authenticate via SSH-keys within
> script TRU64 to RHEL4.
>
> I understand the basic differences of the SSH versions:
>
> TRU64 --> SSH2
> RHEL4 --> SSH
>
> I can get the following to work:
>
> TRU64 to TRU64
> RHEL4 to RHEL4
> RHEL4 to TRU64
>
> I cannot get TRU64 to authenticate to RHEL4. Anyone have any
> thoughts/ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.

I also posted almost the identifcal issues to a RHEL "Red Hat
Enterprise Linux" discussion group.

Anyhow, I was never able to come up with a solution??

I understand the actual processes quite well as I can make SSH-Key
login authentication work:

     TRU64 to TRU64
     RHEL to RHEL
     RHEL to TRU64

I just cannot get "TRU64 to RHEL" to work??

Thanks to all whom responded with ideas :-)

I know about using "ssh -v user_at_host" etc.

I am quite familar with the internal setup differences of this on Open
SSH versus SSH2

For some reason in my environment the TRU64 to RHEL just will not
work. We are working around it for the present as TRU64 will be
retired here very soon anyhow.

Steve

Stephen L. LaBelle
Metropolitan State College of Denver