Read Me First
This update resolves an issue that can cause some third party software to behave unexpectedly after the installation of the Works Suite 99, Encarta Encyclopedia 99 (U.S. only), Encarta Virtual Globe 99, Graphics Studio Greetings 99, and/or other third party software.
Note: This update works on all language versions.
Installing this update will prevent some existing applications and new versions of third party software from crashing because of incompatiblity between some Microsoft applications and third party software.
Microsoft strongly recommends that all customers download and install this update.
For more technical details on this issue, please read the Knowledge Base Article Microsoft Libraries Update: What, Where, Why.
How to download and install
- Click the Download Now button at the top or bottom of the page.
- Use the selected download site and click Download Now.
- When the File Download dialog box appears, select Save this program to disk.
- Select a folder in which to save the SPEU.exe file and click Save.
- Once the download is complete, double-click your saved SPEU.exe file to install the program files.
How to use
You don't need to do anything after installing this update.
How to uninstall
Uninstall is not available for this component.