SUMMARY:cdrom on DEC 2100 (newbie)

From: Eric I. Davis <davis16_at_llnl.gov>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 10:10:41 -0700

Thanks for all you folks quick support , I guess a lot of people stay up
late as I do !

The default config for a DEC 2100 has the cdrom at RZ6 after I did the now
famous uerf command ( which I knew nothing about ) I saw where my mistake
was .
I installed a hard drive with the same scsi address (6) as the cdrom ! The
weird thing is that it DID NOT COMPLAIN ! The drive was installed a month
ago with no problems . As I looked thru the logs I saw that :

This
rz6 at scsi0 (DEC RRD43 (C) DEC _1084)

turned into this:

rz6 at scsi0 (MICROP 1991-27MZ 1020S)

So what Im going to do now is physically modify the scsi addres of the
cdrom to 4 and reboot the machine with a boot -r (for reconfiguration) if
that doesnt recognize the cdrom then I'll Do a MAKEDEV rz4.

Thanks again.

Eric I. Davis
ARAC/RAS Distributed System Manager
Regional Atmospheric Science Division