Summary - .forward file

From: Dan Jacobson <danj_at_gdb.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 00:33:41 -0500 (EST)

I received two quick responses this evening to the mystery of the reticent
.forward files. Neither one had the correct answer but they got me
thinking in the right direction :-). It turns out the the two
non-functional .forward files had permissions 755, while the one that
worked had permissions 644. Changing the permissions of all .forward
files to 644 did the trick - they all work now. This would seem a bit
counter-intuitive to me (giving a file 'more' permission causes it to
'break'???) - but it works.

Thanks to all for a quick response and a problem solved.

Cheers,

Dan Jacobson