greedy fs

From: <erik_at_petaxp.rug.ac.be>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 95 17:50:30 +0100

Hi there,

We use our AXP (running OSF/1 2.0) as a font server for a VXT-2000 terminal and
a number of PC's. About twice a week, fs blows up and starts using up to 95% of
CPU time (without ever going back to the normal < 1%). The only thing left is to
shoot off fs and restart it. I have already tried running fs with a limit on the
number of clients, but to no avail.

Is this a known problem, and what can be done about it ?

Thanks,

Erik

              ,,,
             (0 0)
  | Erik Sundermann | " You know how Einstein got bad grades as
  | erik_at_petaxp.rug.ac.be |
  | RUG - ELIS Department | a kid ? Well, mine are even worse ! "
  | Univ. of Ghent, Belgium |
            |__|__|
             || ||
            ooO Ooo