printer accounting

From: Sunny Siu <xxsiu_at_omega.uta.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 15:02:13 -0600 (CST)

Dear OSF/1 managers,

        I tried to set up printer accounting in a number of ways
but failed. I followed the system administration guide to enable
the printer accounting by including af in the /etc/printcap file.
System accounting has been enabled in the kernel. I restarted the lpd
and try to print something. The printing came out but the lpacct
was still empty. I even tried to change the ownership of
/var/adm/lpacct to owner adm and group adm but still doesn't work.
The system is running OSF/1 version 2.1.

-rw-r--r-- 1 daemon daemon 0 Feb 14 1995 /var/adm/lpacct

ned_std|NED_STD|nedderman1|nh1|nedcf_std|NEDCF_STD:\
        :af=/var/adm/lpacct:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/err.ned_std:\
        :lp=:\
        :mx#0:\
        :rm=gertrude:\
        :rp=NED_STD:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/ned_std:

        My guess is that local host spool all print jobs to a remote
host "gertrude", there is no printer physically attached to the local
host. So no printer accounting record (lpacct) in local host, right??

        Thanks advance for your suggestion.

--Sunny Siu