From: William Flett <will_at_dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 15:12:36 +0100

 My original question was :

> We are in urgent need of detailed documentation on pixie. The manual pages
> and online documentation are not exhaustive enough for our purposes - (e.g.
> some output is not explicitly identified). The original pixie was produced
> by (and for) MIPS systems - Does anyone know if the Alpha implementation is
> consistent with the MIPS version ?

 First apologies for (possibly) an inappropriate post to the group but the
 only reply did give us the results.

 Dirk Grunwald at the University of Colorado (grunwald_at_foobar.cs.colorado.edu)
 informed us that ATOM is the current profiling tool supplied on the Alpha
 base CD (OSF/1 V3.0). He also informed us of an ftp'able manual on pixie
 located at anon-ftp on velox.stanford.edu:pub/pixie_doc, this in turn
 referenced a Prof. Mike Smith at Harvard who filled in the gaps.

 Many thanks to Dirk Grunwald and Mike Smith,

 -Will

Department of Computer Science | mail: W.Flett_at_dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk
Royal Holloway, University of London | talk: +44 1784 443428 (direct)
Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, England | fax: +44 1784 443420