Adding users

From: Paul Wood <pcwood_at_uniblab.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 95 14:01:29 EDT

Hello,
  We recently aquired an Alpha 2100 and are looking for options to account
management. We have run a large Unix system here mainframe style with over
7,000 accounts and counting. The account add/mod/del process has been
pieced together with scripts and programs created locally.

  We would like to delegate the account creation process without giving
complete super-user authority. We would also like to delay the actual file
updates (ie passwd entry) until late evening because we have experienced
problems in the past with user confusion over a "busy password file".

  I would appreciate any experiences shared on this subject and will
summarize to the list.

--
-=( Paul Wood                         http://astro.ocis.temple.edu/~pcwood)=-
-=( pcwood_at_uniblab.ocis.temple.edu     Temple University Computer Services)=-