Response time very slow

From: Bivins, Jeff <BIVINS_at_nebeng.otis.utc.com>
Date: 26 Jul 1995 12:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We have a AlphaServer 2100 4/233 running Digital Unix 3.2a with 256 MB of
memory and 512 MB swap the application we are running on this machine is
MDIS CHESS. I have notices that when a long running process, such as a MRP
cycle, is running on this machine the time it takes for the MRP cycle to
complete is short. While this process is running all other processes on this
machine slow down dramaticaly.

Does anyone out there have any experience on this matter.

Thanks,

Jeff Bivins
bivins_at_nebeng.otis.utc.com