ftp problem

From: Mary Aplin <aplin_at_alpha.loyno.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 13:14:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello OSFfers --
One of my users just sent me the following message:

I get this error when ftp'ing to 'st.cs.uiuc.edu'.

Script started on Sat Jul 29 18:25:34 1995
% ftp st.cs.uiuc.edu
Connected to speedy.cs.uiuc.edu.
421- Cannot map IP address into host name. We only accept FTP connections
     from recognized sites. Get your system administrator to fix your domain
     servers or try again in a few minutes when the DNS has the translation.
421 FTP connection refused, closing connection.

The system he is ftping from is one of two alphas we have. Alpha 1 is
our name server. Alpha 2 is our E-Mail/Internet machine. Alpha 1 is the
primary nameserver for Alpha 2 (and our other hosts.) Alpha 2 has been
sending/receiving e-mail with no problem; we also have lynx on it, and
most individuals have no trouble using lynx, gopher, or ftp to get out
"to the world."

Does anyone have an idea why "speedy.cs.uiuc.edu" does not recognize
Alpha 2 (beta.loyno.edu) as being on the network?

Any and all responses greatly appreciated!

Mary Aplin
Loyola University, New Orleans