From: Saul Tannenbaum <stannenb_at_emerald.tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 19:14:03 -0400 (EDT)

A belated INN summary:

In order to get INN to compile on OSF 3.0, you must
do the following:

In the config.data:

## Use "union wait" instead of int? Pick DO or DONT.
#### =()<USE_UNION_WAIT _at_<USE_UNION_WAIT>_at_>()=
USE_UNION_WAIT DONT

This fixes the problem with waitnb.c not compiling. Note that
this is how the config.data.OSF3.0 file is set.

The Release Notes also state:

>There is
>one set of changes that have to be made. Find all uses of inet_addr
>(innd/rc.c, lib/remopen.c, backends/rcompress.c) and replace the
>related "unsigned long" declarations or casts with "unsigned int".

This is correct but incomplete.

In innd/rc.c the declaration:

        extern unsigned long htonl();

must be changed to:

        extern unsigned int htonl();

Thanks to Sean Donelan and Horie Kenji for this help.

I hope I've managed to cc everyone who said "Me too."

        - Saul

--
Saul Tannenbaum, Manager, Academic Systems | "It's still rocket
                stannenb_at_emerald.tufts.edu |    science" - Vint Cerf