sysconfig, sysconfigdb

From: Brad Daniels <daniels_at_jabberwock.biles.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 11:00:37 -0500

A while back, I made some configuration changes, using dbx -k and storing
them also in sysconfigtab so the tuning would persist after a reboot. My
problems went away for a while, and then came back. While I was rebooting,
I noticed that I got messages like "ubc_maxpercent, unknown attribute." I
did some poking around, and noticed that sysconfig reports it as
"ubc-maxpercent", not "ubc_maxpercent". I tried doing a "sysconfig -r vm
ubc-maxpercent=20", but it told me that the attribute does not allow this
operation. I assume this means that I do in fact have the correct name now,
but that sysconfig doesn't want me to change it. I also tried creating a
stanza file for sysconfigdb, but all that seems to do is change
sysconfigtab. When I do a sysconfig -q, I still get the old values.
My concern is that even if I do have the right values in sysconfigtab, they
will not take effect on the next reboot because sysconfig will kick them
out. I've used dbx -k to put the values in for now, but I'd really like to
know why sysconfig won't change the values, and why sysconfigfb doesn't even
seem to try.

Thanks!
- Brad
+ Brad Daniels | An ill-chosen fool is oft the Word's +
+ Biles and Associates | messenger. (Not that I'd ever be +
+ These are my views, not B&A's | that particular kind of fool...) +