[Q] Dec 3500 printer

From: <risler_at_cgm.cnrs-gif.fr>
Date: Sat Sep 23 16:06:59 1995

Dear gurus,

Still one more question about setting a printcap ... this is so badly
documented !
My printer (Dec 3500) uses the NIC (Network Interface Card) provided with
it and I've installed the relevant software. The card does respond to
PINGs, the spool file has been created. I use for the moment the minimal
printcap entry created by the setup program. But a LPR results in no
output. "lpsat -a" shows that the requests are waiting in the spool area.

What would be the "best" filter for a DecLaser 3500 ?

Better still: could somebody send me a printcap entry for it ?

Thanks a lot,

Jean-Loup

Jean-Loup Risler Tel: (33 1) 69 82 31 34
CNRS Fax: (33 1) 69 07 49 73
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire Email: risler_at_cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex France