SUMMARY: lpc: connect: No such file or directory

From: Dan Cambron (Motorola SPS/CST CIM) <"Dan>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 95 11:18:41 -0700

The reply from everyone was to restart lpd. I did this and it didn't seem to
help. After a /sbin/init.d/lpd stop and all lpd processes gone, I would start
lpd and find 100's of lpd's running in my process table and /dev/printer not
created. LPD seemed to go on a mad fork binge. I also had print jobs already
in queues, so I made a wild guess and cleaned out all the queues, and things
are working now. If someone more in the know about this can explain it, I am
curious.

Thanks again to all for the quick replies.

dan