SUMMARY: ATI graphic card and DEC

From: Sunny Siu <xxsiu_at_omega.uta.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 17:19:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hi OSF/1 managers,

My original question:

> I was told by ATI Technologies Inc. that they sold the Mach64
> ATI210888GX chip to DEC. DEC then put the chip in their circuit board on
> the Alpha box. Is that true? If yes, is the graphic card shipped by
> DEC different from the one sold by ATI Technologies ? I hope that I can
> hear a reply from DEC.
>

> The reason I am asking this question is that we have bought an
> Alphastation 200 and we also ordered the graphic card Mach64 (with
> ATI210888GX chip) from ATI directly. We are trying to make the graphic
> card work with the Alpha box. We spent the last few days trying without
> any luck. Any suggestion is welcome.

        The following is taken from a reply from DEC:

PRODUCT: AlphaStation 200 Systems (Mustang)

SOURCE: Digital Equipment Corporation

The ATI MACH64 option (with 210888"CX"00 accelerator and STD1702 RAMDAC
chips) has been qualified for use on the AlphaStation 200 4/100 "Mustang
LX".

        The Digital UNIX v3.2 X-Server/driver was specifically developed
        for the following ATI product:

        WinBoost (mach64 CX, 2MB PCI)

        Note: No other ATI graphics cards will operation with Digital UNIX
              v3.2.

        I received reply shortly after the posting and I really
appreciate their help. The following is a list of users I need
to say thanks: