sendmail and make files

From: G. Del Merritt <del_at_giant.IntraNet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 95 00:07:24 EDT

I've been hacking my sendmail.cf by hand, but it occured to me that it might
be a Good Thing(tm) to make use of the m4 macros and the make file that's in
/etc/sendmail, lest some well meaning colleague type "make" and ruin a
passable configuration. Alternatively, I'll just delete the extraneous files
if that seems to be the collective wisdom of the group.

Is there a good reference (aside from "man sendmail") for how to do this? I
have Costales' "sendmail", but I must just not be catching on the the relevant
ref's. I'm still at OSF/1 3.0, fwiw. Online docs are preferable, but I'll
take any suggestion.

Thanks.

--
Del Merritt                                                  del_at_IntraNet.com
IntraNet, Inc., One Gateway Center #700, Newton, MA  02158