System Performance

From: Param Bedi <bedi_at_castle.beaver.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 11:52:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks,

I am having certain performance problems with my DEC-Alpha 3000-600
running DEC-UNIX 3.2, with 32 Megs of memory. I has been crashing at least
once a week, and in the crash-data file among other things I get the
message "dquot table is full".

The other problem is that often a user tries to get into PINE or
even change protection on a file it says "Too many users". At the time
we get these messages, I only have about 15 users on the system, but my
MAX USERS limit is set at 64.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Param Bedi Phone : (215)572-4019
Information Systems & Networking Manager FAX: (215)572-0240
Beaver College
bedi_at_beaver.edu

To err is human; to really screw up it takes a computer.