[Q] Input devices not reacting

From: Bivins, Jeff <BIVINS_at_nebeng.otis.utc.com>
Date: 18 Oct 1995 15:05:00 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy,

I have a AlphaStation 250, which the input devices is not responding. The
user tells me that the mouse quit working. I logged in to his machine via
the network and the machine is up and seems to be fine, no errors in uerf. I
went to the console, the mouse and keyboard did not respond, so I rebooted
the computer from the network connection. The problem did not go away. I
then downed the computer and turned the machine off for a while then turn
the machine on and rebooted. The machine is working fine.

Has anyone seen a similar incident ?

Is this hardware, software, or firmware ?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Bivins
Sr. Programmer Anaylst