ZLX-M1/2 opinions?

From: Gyula Szokoly <szgyula_at_skysrv.Pha.Jhu.EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 12:51:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

  I have a 3000/600, with a PXG+ card running OSF/1 v3.0b.
I am constantly having problems (wm freezes), and as
far as I know, the support for the card will be dropped
in version 4.0 (coming soon). I checked the pricing,
and apparently there is a quite good deal for the upgrade.
The questions:

1. What's the difference between the -M1 and -M2? I know
   what the tech difference is, but what does it imply
   in performance? Factor of 2? Factor of 1.5?
2. Will this work with AVS? (That's the main reason for
   buying accelerated card.)
3. Does it work? I don't want to spend $4k to get stuck with
   the same problem (wm freezes twice a day).
4. Will it be supported for at least 2 more years? Dropping
   the PXG+ support was unexpected.

  One side issue: did anyone figuered out a way to get the
good libpxg+ library assuming no tech support contract?
I was trying Dec, but they wanted me to pay $200/hour,
1 hour minimum for a tech support call, which I'm not
quite willing to pay for dec's fault. They do not sell
the ECO CD that contains the fix (and $400+ is a bit
much for it).

Thanks in advance,
  Gyula