Swap Space Philosophy

From: Cary Talbot <talbot_at_hl.wes.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 14:37:35 -0600 (CST)

Greetings all:

At various and sundry times I have heard others extol the virtues of
spreading swap space across different disks, thus enabling "simultaneous"
writting to swap. However, my question is are there the same benefits
or potentially any penalties for spreading swap space across two different
SCSI controllers (ie one internal disk with a swap partition and one
external disk on a different SCSI controller with a swap partition)?

Any advice will be most appreciated. Of course, a summary will be posted.

TIA

Cary Talbot
Hydraulic Engineer and ersatz sys admin

Cary A. Talbot, Hydraulic Engineer US Army Corps of Engineers
ATTN: CEWES-HH-G Waterways Experiment Station
3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180
phone:(601)634-4286 fax:(601)634-4208 email:talbot_at_hl.wes.army.mil