SWXCR + ADVFS

From: Roman Gollent <roman_at_portal.stwing.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 18:11:00 -0500 (EST)

I have a 3 channel RAID controller with 1 channel that consists of 6
rz29 vw units set up as a RAID 5 logical volume. When I tried to make
this volume into an advfs volume, advfs flat out refused, saying it
didn't know what kind of disk it is. I went so far as to specify the
/etc/disktab entry for the "re" device, still no luck. I should point
out, however, that we are using the raided volume for news, and judging
from the past remarks about advfs and news, we probably want to use
ufs (Which does incidentally work). Any suggestions?

Regards,

Roman

PS: Responses will be summarized.