System backups

From: Dave Roberts <djr_at_saa-cons.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 17:22:27 +0000 (GMT)

Could someone tell me the best method of making full system backups. I'd
like to produce a tape that will allow me the least amount of fuss if I
ever have to do a restore of the system from a completely lost one.

Having taken a look, vdump seems to offer the best of the proprietary
features, but there maybe something better (preferably like AIX's mksysb
for those that know :-)

TIA - Dave.

Dave Roberts | "Just paddling out into big surf is a total
Unix Systems Administrator | commitment" * "You can't just call time-out
SAA Consultants Ltd | and stroll on back to the beach if you don't
Plymouth, UK <EDI Services> | like the way things are going" - Point Break