Configuring sendmail - more than one relay

From: N V S VIDYALANKAR <nvslr_at_sunserv.cmc.stph.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 13:41:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Managers,

My machine is not a name server and I am making use of a relay machine
to send mails(through - sendmai) outside our domain.

In case the relay fails (for what ever reason) I am unable to send mails
outside my domain. Is there a way to configure "sendmail.cf" to send
mails outside the domain using multiple relays (SMTP).
To elaborate - is it possible for me to make use of a primary relay and
if the relay fails send the mails via. a secondary relay.

DU 3.2c "mailsetup" does not speak of primary or secondary relays. It
just says genral relay.

Thank you in advance.

Vidyalankar
e-mail:nvs_at_sunws2.cmc.stph.net