Printers on OSF 2 via LAT

From: Mary Aplin <aplin_at_alpha.loyno.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:41:40 +0100 (MET)

Hello All --

I currently have two Alpha 3300's running OSF v2.0 and a MicroVAX
3100-80. They are all connected to a DECServer 250. A DEC LA424 printer
is connected to PORT_2 of the DECServer, and serves both the Alphas and
the VAX.

We just bought a new printer. It is connected to PORT_5 (which is the
parallel printer) on the DECServer. I have been able to easily change
LAT on the MicroVAX to point to the new printer (PORT_5) with no problems.
I am trying to change LAT on the Alphas to point to PORT_5 rather than
PORT_2. I have found (on my Alpha) the file /sbin/init.d/lat which
contains the line

/usr/sbin/latcp -A -p tty0w -H VAXNOD -R PORT_2

I changed PORT_2 to PORT_5. I then killed the lpr job and restarted it.
I also went into latsetup, stopped LAT then restarted it. I was hoping
that this would get my Alpha(s) to print to the new printer, but it did
not work.

Am I on the right track with this? Can anyone tell me how to make this
change?

Thanks for any help,

Mary Aplin
Loyola University, New Orleans