Task Create Failure

From: Jack X Trachtman x6421 <SPGJXT_at_vmmc.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 14:33:42 PST

We recently installed an Alpha 1000, 64MB, running DEC Unix V3.2c.
The single application running on it uses Dynamic Concepts "UniBasic"
language. We have, at max, about 25 users, many with 2 sessions.

We have had about 8 application failures, with the following msg
appearing many times on the console:

fork/procdup: task_create failed. code: 0x11

Non-application system use does not seem to be affected. Rebooting
the system has cleared the problem.

DEC's suggestion to up maxusers from 32 to 64 and regen the system
has not helped.

Can anyone suggest a possible cause, or even what information should
be collected to help resolve the problem?

Thanks lots.

JxT
Jack Trachtman (206-583-6421)
Virginia Mason Medical Center