SUMMARY: LAT printer setup

From: Ashok Sharma <ashoks_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 00:54:17 +1100 (EST)

Hi Managers,
   I would like to thank the following for their quick response
   to my question on How to setup a LAT printer.
   Robert Romani romani_at_stl.dec.com
   Samantha Miller sjmiller_at_rcwi01.rcw.bp.com
   Charles Johnson_at_ncsa.edu
   Knut Helleboe
   Christopher DIARRA
   George Wood

  Basically, the solution was to setup LAT devices using latsetup.
  Or using makenod to create special device files.

  Remove or edit entries in the inittab file, devices that are
  to be used for printers.

  Delete an existing Port (Optional)
  latcp -D -p /dev/lat/nnn

  To configure the LAT port/Device

  latcp -A -p /dev/lat/nnnn -H SERVER -R PORT_N

  I decided to take the entries out of inittab file.
  Restart the init process
  init q

  Add the printer to printcap file, (Optional if you are using EaseSpool).

  Check the port settings on the TERMINAL SERVER by doing the following

  show port nn

  set port nn access remote.
  set port nn speed nnnn

  test the port and printer.