Disconnected POP Sessions

From: John Banghart <john_at_success.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 11:24:18 -0500 (EST)

Whever I pop user gets disconnected(for whatever reason) during a pop transfer,
the popd session remains on our server and prevents them from retrieving their
mail. The only way I see to fix this is to just kill the process, which works,
but is a little inefficient.

Is there a better way to handle these situations? The preferred way would be
to have the alpha kill them itself after a period of time. Has anyone done
this?

----
John Banghart
Systems Administrator