SUMMARY : Digital Authentication Server

From: Daniel Clar <Daniel.Clar_at_supelec.fr>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 17:59:48 +0200

Thank you to "Andrew C. Saylor" <asaylor_at_alpha.comsource.net>

My initial posting was :

> Hello,
>
> We are currently trying to use Digital Authentication Server 1.0 on Digital Unix
> 3.2c.
>
> After several problems with the installation process, documentation errors and
> bugs in the installation process, we have installed the software.
>
> Before trying to use the V4 compatibilty we are testing the local use
> and we have already some problems.
>
> The Kerberos administrator is registered as root and when we try to use kadmin,
> here is the result :
>
> # /usr/athena/bin/kadmin -n root
> Password for root_at_SUPELEC.FR:
>
> Unable to Get Initial Credentials : KDC reply did not match expectations!
> #
>
> In daemon.log we've the following message :
>
> krb5kdc[8477]: AS_REQ: ISSUE: authtime 821883651, host 160.228.120.210,
> root_at_SUPELEC.FR for kadmin/SUPELEC.FR_at_SUPELEC.FR
>
> Does somebody else use the software successfully ?
>
> Daniel

And the answer :

We has been using DAS for 4 months now. This problem began Jan 1, 1996
because it is a leap year. You need to contact Digital and get DAS ver
1.0A which fixes this problem as well as several other problems that I
had them fix as well.

Good Luck.

-Andy