File permissions when copying from VAX to OSF

From: THOMSON, Dave <THOMSOND_at_WELLINGTON.ECNZ.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 96 12:31:00 PST

We are using Decnet to copy files from a vax running VMS to an alpha running
Dec Unix. All the files come across with permission 644. This looks like
the umask of 022 is being applied but where is this umask set?

I have tried changing the options in the /etc/csh.login but to no effect.
 I can set the umask to whatever I want in the ~/.login but that doesn't
seem to be used by the decnet copy.

We are using tcsh.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,