Serial Ports

From: Tom <tom_at_homer.bus.miami.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 23:27:56 -0500 (EST)

        Hi, I have an AlphaServer 1000 and I am trying to use COM2 for a
modem. I have discovered that it is tty01, and have setup inittab to
recognize it as a regular terminal. I know that with a null modem
adapter I could easily connect a modem and dial right in, however I know
that's not the most elegant way. Does anyone know what I need to setup
for the port to use the modem for things like cu or tip? Wouldn't that
also eliminate the need for a null modem adapter? And also, I looked at
my internal documentationless 14.4. It is set to COM4, but what tty is
that? There doesn't seem to be a MAKEDEV for that. I would also like to
set it up, if possible... Thanks very much.

Tom Leffingwell Office: SBA 211
Systems Manager Office Phone: (305) 284-1771
Network Security Email: tom_at_homer.bus.miami.edu

School of Business
University of Miami