POP3 Server Installation

From: Gernot M. Fuchs <gfuchs_at_golay.med.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 18:06:47 -0500

Hello,

I ran into a problem when installing a POP3 server on an Alpha 3000 running
dUNIX 3.2C and NIS. The machine is not the NIS master server, but one of its
clients. After the server compiled cleanly, I added the appropriate lines to
/etc/inetd.conf and /var/yp/services and did a "make services" in /var/yp.
Nonetheless, the server keeps dying. Started with the -d option, it reports
"could not get client address". I never ran into this problem when I installed
this server on any other machine, however, this is the first time I try it
under NIS. Could that be the problem?

Thank you in advance

-Gernot

--
Gernot M. Fuchs                     University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
voice: 919-966-3263                 UNC Hospitals/School of Medicine