[SUMMARY] Trying to start rstatd at system boot

From: Tim W. Janes <janes_at_signal.dra.hmg.gb>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 11:26:58 +0000 (GMT)

Very many thanks for the very swift responses

especially to

Knut.Hellebo_at_nho.hydro.com
tardell_at_msia02.msi.se
ittrmr_at_staffs.ac.uk
philip_at_uvo.dec.com

Three solutions

Hellebo Knut and Philip (UK DEC support??) suggested uncommenting the
line in inetd.conf and running it from inetd - I really wanted to run
it as a deamon also our inet.conf is one of the files that has
travelled with us through upgrade after upgrade and has no mention of
rstatd to uncomment.

R.M.Rogers_at_staffs.ac.uk suggested calling a second script via
'at now +1 minute' that fires up the daemon

Simon Tardell suggested that the daemon was being killed by HUP when
the script finished and use nohup and a couple of second delay before
the script exits - This is the approach I have adopted and all now
working.

Many thanks again to you all.

Tim.