Problems with compress on NFS filesystem ?

From: Javier Aida <jaida_at_gmd.com.pe>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 11:41:58 -0500

Hi,
Have anyone experienced problems while running "compress" over an NFS filesystem ?. We use compress over a huge file (about 500MB), which in turn is located on an NFS filesystem, but it hangs when it's about to end. We've compressed the same file but over an AdvFS fs, and it works fine. (no, it's not a disk space problem). Any suggestions please ?

Thnx in advance
Javier