Sendmail Restarts...

From: david barnhill <barnhill_at_oz.sunflower.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 14:36:43 -0600 (CST)

Hi all. In all the talk about sendmail, I haven't seen addressed one
thing which I find very frustrating. I do aliases on an infrequent
basis, and when ever I do, I find that sendmail fails to find the aliases
for several restarts. I wonder, ahem, if I'm doing this correctly. What
I've done is to issue

$ ./sendmail -bi

which I am led to believe by the man pages re-reads the configs. Is
there an easier, better, way? Am I doing it wrong? Any light shed would
be most appreciated, and of course, summarized for the man-pages impaired
like myself.

::db

W. David Barnhill Barnhill_at_oz.sunflower.org
Director, Technical Services www.sunflower.org/~barnhill
Sunflower Network, Inc. webman_at_oz.sunflower.org