[Q] V3.0 -> V3.2C Upgrade

From: Barb Baker <baker.barb_at_tchden.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 10:21:06 MST

Hi, managers!
We have 2 3000/600 systems running V3.0 They share a
domain using Decsafe that is supposed to fail over in
the event of the primary system going down. (This has yet
to work successfully--we've had MAJOR problems with
Decsafe.) We need to upgrade to 3.2C.
The Alphas are passing patient-critical information
across systems; we require minimum system down time.

I am relatively new to unix system administration. DEC
support has suggested that this upgrade is complex, and we
should seriously consider hiring DEC in to do the upgrade.
(I believe the concern was sincere--I don't think
he was just tring to sell us services.)

For those of you who have been through this upgrade, what is
your opinion? Is it worth bringing DEC in? Any gotchas?

Also, I don't know how to go about getting DEC's services for
this kind of thing. Anybody know who I should contact?

Any ideas, opinions, enlightenment is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Barbara Baker PHONE: (303) 861-6284
The Children's Hospital FAX: (303) 837-2577
Denver, Colorado Email: baker.barb_at_tchden.org