[SUMMARY] How to setup HP JetDirect.

From: Isaac <I.O.Oribioye_at_herts.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 96 16:51:19 GMT

Thanks to everyone who responded to my enquiries, the response was
excellent, all ideas pointed to the same general direction.

i.e
1. Setup printer alias in /etc/hosts using IP address allocated (note
some contributed suggested using bootpad entry for dynamic IP
address allocation).

2. Run lpr setup and select remote as printer type, enter

        rm=printer alias (raw IP addr acceptable)
        rp=text or raw (depending on whether you want text or Postscript
printing)

3. Filters can be used at one's own discretion.

Got the bugger going in 5 minutes, thanks for all the sample /etc/printcap
files sent to me, but I spent the rest of the day loading paper into the
printer as I printed my own much needed copy of the DU manuals, with my
colleagues cursing and swearing at me.

Special thanks to the following Gurus.

Maecelo Beltramo from Buenos Aires
Anthony D'Atri from _at_nwnet.net
Sam Sarasin from Digital
M(r/s) Callan from Digital ?
Christopher Davies from St Louis
Joe Spanicek from Australia
Christopher Smith from U.K
Kalle Flodkvist from Sweden
Alan B. Scott from Liverpool (Hope you support the Mighty Reds?)
Randy Rodgers from City of Fort Wayne
Rick Muse from USA
Thomas Erskine from Canada
Some Kind fellow from a08803_at_mailhub.wpl.com and
Craig Makin from Perth, Australia.

Much appreciated.

Isaac Oribioye
University of Hertfordshire