Connecting Alpha server & HP Printer server

From: <Juhani.Koskela_at_ivo.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 96 17:06:00 GMT

Hi everybody !

Is there anybody who knows how I can install HP JetDirect EX Plus 3 External
Print Server
to network.

I have connected Print Server to the network and I know the LAN hardware
address of the Print Server.
Problem is that I don't know how to SET UP an IP Address to Print Server's
memory. I have
tried to do it from my host computer (alphaserver 1000).

I can find from the installation manual following instructions:

   You can set the IP address using on of the following methods:
   - BOOTP protocol
   - RARP protocol

   I try to use RARP method, but problem is that my host computer
(alphaserver 1000)
   doesn't find LAN hardware address of the Print Server.

  Is there anybody who has used BOOTP or RARP protocols and
  can give me step-by-step instructions how to work ?