NFS server tuning

From: Mark Zander <mark.zander_at_sheridanc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:34:39 -0500

Greetings DEC junkies!

 We are running into performance problems with our DEC UNIX machine while
NFS (v2) file serving to DOS PC's. The belief is that the servers are
suffering from disk I/O problems which is causing the symptom of bad NFS
performance.

 There is a plan to purchase more disks and SCSI controllers to share the
disk load more effectively but these items are on back order for at least
two months and we require some relief fast!

 So I'm wondering if there is a NFS tuning document relating to DEC UNIX
from which we could get some OS tuning ideas. Things like how many nfsd's
or nfsiod's to run and suggested sysconfig settings.

 And ofcourse, if anyone has their 2 cents worth regarding how to
properly setup a mainly NFS server I'd love to hear it...

later.
--
Mark Zander         mark.zander_at_sheridanc.on.ca
Technical Support