Setting TCP/IP address on HP LaserJet 4SI

From: Kris Chandrasekhar _at_ALF <chandrasek_at_odixie.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 02:40:21 PST

Dear Digital UNIX managers

I have a question about the HP LaserJet 4 SI printer.
I am familiar with setting up printcap (remote printer).
My question is whether you set the TCP/IP address on the printer
using the front panel or whether you have to load the address
and image using bootp. If using bootp, does HP ship the image
file with the printer?

Feedback from people with first-hand experience would be appreciated.

I will summarise.

Regards, Kris.