stty question

From: <"Geert.VAN>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 13:28:27 +0100

Hi, OSF-managers.

I have a problem related to stty.

Before, in using a csh in a dxterm on an Ultrix server I could navigate through the history of my commands with the up and down arrows.
Now, using a csh in a dxterm on a DU 3.2D machine, using the up arrow results in ^[[A.
I read the stty manpage, but couldn't find a way of solving this wrong behaviour.
When I do stty -echoctl, using the up arrow doesn't give the ^[[A anymore, but doesn't give me my last command either (the cursor shifts one line up).

Any ideas as to how to remedy this ?

Thanks.

Geert Van den Eede
Systems Manager
European Commission
Brussels - Belgium
e-mail: "geert.van den eede"_at_scic.cec.be