HP C1533A tape drive switch settings

From: Jon Buchanan <Jonathan.Buchanan_at_ska.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 96 08:41:37 +0200

Hello mystros and mystras,

Can anyone possibly tell me the meanings of the switches under an HP
C1533A tape drive (TLZ07 lookalike)? Unfortunately we didn't get any
kind of guide delivered with it or of course I would look myself.

In particular, I would be interested to know how to turn on hardware
compression which I've seen a few people mention recently. Ours has 8
switches of which 1-5 and 7 are ON, but we don't seem to get compression
even having set up the device in cam_data.c.

Thanks in advance,
Jon Buchanan, Zuerich, Switzerland
[ Jonathan.Buchanan_at_ska.com ]